Get hands-on life learning by joining the Fatima Chess Team!
Help your kids improve their problem solving, abstract reasoning, strategic thinking, patience, and sportsmanship skills by learning to play chess. Studies show that chess helps children focus, and become creative thinkers.
As president of the Connecticut State Chess Association Jim Celone says, “Through chess, we learn how to analyze a situation by focusing on important factors and by eliminating distractions. We learn to devise creative solutions and put a plan into action.”
Our Lady of Fatima School provides a great environment in which to teach our kids these skills and prepare them for life ahead.
The Chess Team will practice together, be taught skills for a competitive environment, and participate in Tournaments over the course of the year. There are two sessions, each 10 weeks. The Fall session starts October 3rd and Oct 5th.
Fatima Chess Team
- WHAT:Chess Lessons, Games, and Tournaments; Competition jersey
- WHO: Grades 3 through 8, Fatima and non-Fatima students
- WHEN: Practice takes place ONCE per week.
- Wednesday: 3:00-4:00pm, Oct 3rd - Dec 12th - WEDNESDAY TEAM FULL
- NEW Additional Day Friday: 3:00-4:00pm, Oct 5th - Dec 14th - OPEN
- WHERE: MAKER SPACE (Our Lady of Fatima, downstairs)
- WHO COACHES: Certified professional chess coaches
- HOW MUCH:
- Tuition/Registration: $200
- US Chess Federation Membership (separate cost)
- Team Jersey (separate cost)
- Tournaments Registration (separate cost)
- HOW TO REGISTER: